Sunday, August 7, 2011

This winter is killing me. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I haven't seen the slopes all season and that we haven't escaped for a trip. After Adam and his brothers went on a vacation on a yacht in the Bahamas(without their wives), I was like, my turn. So, we went to Puerto Vallarta for a week. It was nice to feel the warm sun again and to have a real vacation. I realized that growing up in the Bentley family, we never took a real vacation. My moms idea of a trip was to drive 100 hours in a non-aircondioned suburban with 10 people to Mexico. I still have nightmares.
I was worried about bringing a baby, but it was actually really fun and entertaining to play with Lu. This post is kind of embarrassing because there are so many baby pictures, but whatevs.
Puerta Vallarta is usually the hotspot for gays, but this year, it was bombarded with raisins. They were everywhere, we couldn't seem to escape them. I'm pretty sure we were the youngest family there by at least twenty years. We found some good restaurants and ate our worries away. It was spring break, so the locals had all kinds of mexican festivities going on.


We scored with our hotel. The pool was our saving grace, while Lulu slept, we just laid out with a monitor.











we escaped the raisins one day and headed for Salulita. It is the cutest little hippy town about an hour away. It felt like we were in Thailand again. One day I want to come here for a month to learn spanish and take surfing lessons. You can rent a house for nothing. Lulu crawled around and made friends with other snot nosed babies and ate at least three cups of sand. There was a surfing competition going on, but the waves were kind of rubbish after the tsunami in Japan. We had no clue what had happened and one day there were red flags all over the beach and no one was swimming. Adam was like, "Chelsea, make sure you don't jump in the water, or else you could be taken out by a rip tide like when I almost died in Brasil." That's another story, but when he wasn't looking, I took a dip and then found out later that people got sucked out on the coast of California. Oopsies.




She was our little pet. Adam dug holes all over the beach for lulu to crawl in and out of. It was pure entertainment. People passing would take pictures of her jail


looks like he's walking a dog


crawled to and fro chasing pigeons












No comments:

Post a Comment