Sunday, August 7, 2011

pont du guard


It has become a tradition for us to visit the Pont du Guard in Southern France when we come to Europe. This was our third time and it was just as magnificent as I had remembered. We were disappointed to find that within the past three years, they have put a lot of funding into the ancient ruins for tourists. So, it was jam packed with people and had concrete trails and paths everywhere. The first time we came here, we were the only ones there and it felt like we had stumbled upon a hidden treasure. The second time was with Drew and Amanda. We dared Drew to go swimming with the giant fish, but he wouldn't do it. The fish that live in this river are massive. I was scared. I was crossing my fingers that my bug bite wouldn't get infected by the river water. It was worth the risk.









No comments:

Post a Comment