Sunday, August 7, 2011





That painting above the couch is of my grandma in her prime. She was such a beaut. She begged the painter to change the dress because she hated it with the passion. It was her pregnant dress for most the kids and every time she even looks at it, she wants to throw up. The artist said she wouldn't change it because it was her vision, so now grandma is stuck with it. The painting above it is a still life I painted in the college days.
Grandmas backyard is so pretty. I have so many memories of me and Amanda raising hell back there. We would jump from the bars and swing on the willow tree branches. It was a death trap I'm sure and these are the moments where I am like, "where was my mom?" We pretty much had no supervision. We would play in the life sized play house for hours and run around on the roof. When Rob and Allison lived in the basement, those were the days. He was an overachiever and made an iceskating rink on the grass. I remember watching deer slide across it.
Grandmas drawers are stacked with goodies. She has the biggest butcher knifes you have ever seen.





No comments:

Post a Comment