Sunday, August 7, 2011

sandpoint



Josh just retired this summer so we had a celebration for his new freedom. We sang "I'm too sexy for adobe," the kids did a little singing jig and Adam read a poem. It was a slam dunk. Here is Adams poem for Josh( I was so proud);


Dear Josh, Oh My Gosh,

What a ride it has been, from two college guys, to the ultimate win,


hard work, smarts, and full of ambition,

the perfect combo to beat your competition


You scoured the land, and brought in the best

they were smart, worked hard, and never needed to rest


from 2 to 2 thousand the company grew

JPinterative, superstats, mycomputer, to name a few


then it was OMNITURE, the dye was cast

a name people would know, a name that would last


the billboards went up, the people wore green

Omniture was here, an unstoppable machine


You conquered the kingdom, became number one

it was time to go public, it was over, you won


as years past by, the company did well

the timing was perfect, it was time to sell


the coffers were filled, the subjects grew rich

everyone was happy, it was time to ditch


a new era has begun, an era to fish

a time of great peace, and to do as you wish


we're all so proud, you've conquered so many hurdles

now fetch me my net, and let's go catch some turtles!








Ever since I fell into the murkey waters of the creek and got some nasty rash, I sit on the sidelines as the spectator. Adams favorite thing to do up here is to catch turtles and frogs in the creek. This year there were tadpole balls everywhere, and no shortage of turtles.








When we pulled up to eat, Lulu's hat was nowhere to be seen. I suspected one of the kids threw it off the boat, and I was right. Lo and behold was her hat on the lake floor. I asked Adam to fetch it, and like a good boy, he did.



We spotted one of Adams x-flings while eating here. I wanted to drop kick that ho

We both look hammered

No comments:

Post a Comment