Tuesday, August 9, 2011

harlem

We just got back from NY last night and let's just say I am really, really excited to be home. This trip was a complete contrast from the last. For starters, we stayed in Harlem. It was in the heart of the ghetto with really cool 80's hair salons like the ones in coming to America and grocery stores with no price tags. Just expect to pay double if you are white. When we first rolled into our appartment, I was surprised how big it was, but that quickly lost it's luster when the sun went down. They forgot to mention that we wouldn't have a blanket, just a sheet, and that if you didn't wear ear plugs, you could listen to your neighbors seinfield. Oh and the sirins, pretty much constant sirins, even in the mornings. We would wear all our layers of clothes before going to bed, including socks so we wouldn't freeze. But it did have it's few perks. The pizza parlor downstairs was the best I've ever had. I do like being a scrapper, but, I must admit, being a high roller is a lot more fun. After no cabs, and taking the subway to and from the airport, I was like, um.. I'm done. Baby was sick and I was on the cusp of getting what she had, so neither of us slept much. It was rough.






When we were at the airport ready to depart for NYC, we noticed that the front wheel of our stroller was flat. Rats. So, we had to pop a wheeley and drag Lulu around the city until we found a baby store. This is where the Maclarin makes it's appearance. The guy sold us when he said it was the same company as the mclaren sports cars. Nice try home boy. Adam did his research and found that this wasn't true. Too bad, I would like to think she's riding in style.

My favorite day. Hung out at the natural history museum until my brain reached it's capacity, then we ate at a vegan resteraunt and chilled in central park.



I let Lulu crawl on the floors and play in the dirty bathroom shamelessly.
the eternity room

No comments:

Post a Comment