Sunday, August 7, 2011

Last weekend we went to NY for Adams work. Amanda came along to keep me company and we had a grand old time carting around our little ones and looking at art. I regretted not bringing a camera, but at least I had my iphone to take these spy pictures. Jessica gave us a master list of things to do, which ended up saving us because we would have just ended up walking in circles. I'm sad we didn't make it to red hook, but we managed to squeeze in all types of goods. The railroad park in Chelsea was among my favorites, the Moma and the Brooklyn flea market. I'm pretty sure we spent just as much time in the museum store than we did in the museum. We met up with Jaime a couple of times and she was a champ to help with the runts. Now that we are home, when I think of our trip, all I can remember is the food. Breastfeeding makes me into such a little pork chop. How old is Lulu you might ask? She's still breastfeeding? Yep. Every time I try to wean, I come up with a really good excuse. Lulu never gets sick, it's so convenient, but when it comes down to it, I know what I gotta do. Who knows though, maybe I'll just breastfeed until the next runt comes and I'll never have a period again. Help me! I can't stop!
Amanda and I spent our precious moments shopping at trader joes and whole foods. I lost at least a year of my life from the whole foods at Union square. What a nightmare. The grocery store by our place had prices from the moon. Who do they think we are? Rich? A tiny thing of baby food was $3.50. A small 4 egg carton= $4.00.

The poor soul that was sandwiched between Adam, baby and I. She had a death grip on his cast and didn't want to come to mama.
We did a house swap with a lady in greenwich village. It was a two story apartment on the Hudson. We got hooked up, and even though the apartment was nice, she was the master scrapper. Everything was hanging by a thread and smelled like smoke. I'm a scrapper and I think I can hang, but really lady? It reminded me of the days growing up at Jeannies. The fans were black from dust accumulated for decades. The daughter had a chinchilla upstairs and they gave us the rodent towels to use! I dry heaved in the toilet after getting a sniff of my towel. Amanda shut the door upstairs and the whole thing crumbled. It came off the hinges and the wood was all skiddlywampus. We never met the lady, but I did meet her blond wig and spring shoes in her closet. After staying in our house, she probably thinks I'm a hoarder in the making. A 28 year old with a basement and garage full of who knows what.





She has been mimicking everything Adam and I do lately. She's like a little monkey. I was sick for like three weeks straight and now she just crawls around the house all day with a kleenex blowing her nose. Yep, I'm a lemon alright. Other stuff she does... cleans with rags, brushes her hair(all three of them), talks on the phone, digs in the dirt with a shovel, puts on clothes, hats and sunglasses. Now I am realizing that I need to be on my best behavior.

hang in there soldier

Moments before the bed tumbled and broke into pieces. Master scrapper had her bed balancing on these little twigs and a few screws. We couldn't believe the contraption she put together. Adam worked his magic and fixed it up real nice







The first day on the streets, it rained and snowed. I was sick as a dog with some flu strand and Amanda witnessed one of my melt downs. It was really embarassing, but I was pushed to my limit. There is something unexplainable that happends when your baby cries. It is like nails on a chalkboard. I don't know what pushed me over the edge.. the crying, the snow, or the plague, but it was not pretty.






The stuartist was extra nice, (considering they usually have additude) and took this picture of babies sleeping

No comments:

Post a Comment